Although, there are far – more, real estate agents, than successful ones, it might be helpful, to analyze, consider, and understand, what, the best ones, do, which makes them, stand – out, from the crowd! One of the key areas, which, often, differentiates, between, them, is, how they address concerns, and answer questions, effectively, and to, the best, of their abilities, and, to the satisfaction of one’s actual, and/ or, potential customers, and/ or, clients. After, over 15 years, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I believe, strongly, using the 5 – steps, which, effectively, address concerns, and answer questions, not to the agent’s satisfaction, but to his clients. Therefore, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, review, address, and discuss, why this approach, makes sense, and is effective.
1. Carefully listen: Don’t make the mistake, of trying to prejudge, what someone’s concerns, are, and, carefully, thoroughly, listen, and, then, ensure, you truly understand, what’s being asked! Too often, individuals rush to respond, which sometimes, opens – up, the so – called, Pandora’s Box, and, thus, create more concerns, and questions, which the other person, didn’t previously possess! A simple way, to do this, is to say, something like, In other words, your concerned about, and state, what you think, he said, Do not proceed, to the next step, until you are certain of this first one!
2. Empathy: Since, for most of us, the value of our house, is our single – biggest, financial asset, and, many consider, home ownership, to be one of the essentials of the so – called, American Dream, the reality is, these people, are seeking, an agent, who cares, about them. Proceed, with the utmost degree of genuine empathy, by listening, far more than speaking, and openly, focusing on the client’s best interests (actual, and/ or perceived). One effective way to word – this, is, I can perfectly understand, how you feel, In fact, I felt that way, and so did, many others.
3. Fully answer to their satisfaction: Transition this discussion, by adding, Until they realized a few things. Then, fully answer, to their satisfaction, and not, merely, to yours. Wait for some indication, either a gesture, body language, nodding, or verbal statement, indicating, they understand.
4. Create/ recreate the need (inspire and motivate): Depending, on your relationship, and when the concern was addressed, you need to, either, create, and/ or, recreate the need, in an inspiring, and motivating way. Using expressions, such, as, In light of what we’ve discussed, and reviewed, often, moves the discussion, forward, effectively!
5. Close the deal: Although, the previous four steps, are important, and necessary, unless/ until, an agent, closes the deal, by creating a meaningful, meeting – of – the – minds, and a true agreement – level, the process, will not move forward, in the most meaningful way!